Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Joseph A. Adler book confirms Voidisyinyang aka Wuji-taiji







Xici, Appendix of Yijing, (3rd BCE) is first appearance of Taiji in an extant text. Change is the fundamental state, the exact opposite of Platonic metaphysics...The implication that taiji/bipolarity is somehow also nondual....Yin-yang qi is a manifestation of the unitary principle of bipolarity.
emphasis in original.
https://the-eye.eu/public/concen.org/Nonfiction.Ebook.SUNY.PRESS.Nov.2015-SLOWRO/SUNY Press.Reconstructing the Confucian Dao - Zhu Xi's Appropriation of Zhou Dunyi - Joseph A. Adler - (SUNY Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture).pdf



And so contrary to the claim of Pregadio (as per our correspondence):



This concerns the "nonduality" of yin-yang and stillness-activity pairs: the difference between them is real, but they are united in being the two inseparable poles of taiji.
I use "nonduality" here in the sense of the yin-yang model: the difference between them is real, but they cannot exist separately and each implies the other. This differs from the advaita form of nondualism found in Sankara (eighth century CE), which is really monism (all differences are illusory).
His most recent book is Reconstructing the Confucian Dao: Zhu Xi's Appropriation of Zhou Dunyi (State University of New York Press, 2014).
https://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/Fac/Adler/adler.htm
Joseph A. Adler (B.A., University of Rochester; M.A., Ph.D., University of California at Santa Barbara

Dear Professor Emeritus Joseph A. Adler: I am very happy to have discovered your excellent research. The "spiritual crisis" that you refer to regarding Zhu Xi reminds me of what occurred in 2000. I finished my master's degree at University of Minnesota by doing intensive meditation via http://springforestqigong.com and then Chunyi Lin said I had an "enlightenment experience" but my "mind was confused." This sent me on a ten year research project of literally reading one scholarly book a day while I sat in full lotus. haha. I was reading mainly western science and I got very deep into "noncommutative geometry." Then I finally returned back to traditional Neidan books, after the assistant of Chunyi Lin, qigong master Jim Nance of http://guidingqi.com read my energy blockage long distance, and informed me of what I was doing wrong. I corroborated his claim by reading the book Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality. So most people on the "interwebs" laugh when they say I emailed "so and so" because who would respond when I have such a silly moniker? And yet YOU of all people understand. haha. Thanks and take care, drew hempel






Earlier paper as basis of his book (pdf)




[Wuji er Taiji] Calling it [Taiji] "non-polar" correctly clarifies its non-spatial form. It exists prior to things, and yet at no time is it not established after the existence of things.
Zhu Xi
 
Thank you Professor Emeritus Joseph Adler!
I forgot to tell you - my background is music theory. I noticed that the logic was wrong to explain music theory - the mathematical logic. So then Alain Connes, the Fields Medal math professor corroborated my insight by explaining how music theory logic is actually noncommutative phase. This is "nonwestern" music theory. Meaning all nonwestern cultures use complementary opposites for the Octave, Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth. Only Alain Connes states this explains the highest level of physics as a unified field theory - noncommutative geometry as relativistic quantum physics. This is found in quantum biology as well. So it's not the "symmetric" math logic that people learn from the irrational magnitude, calculus, etc. I did a blog on this - my older blog focuses on it more - but the links are found through http://elixirfield.blogspot.com thanks again, drew hempel

No comments:

Post a Comment