Thursday, August 10, 2023

Liberty 260 Water Pump 1/6 hp does 25 foot Head or vertical lift! Offgrid water hose action!

 

The pump was first lowered down the hole - after I tied a rope to it.

I also put 100% silicone around the wire connection since the installation instructions did not guaranteed that water would not run down through the wire into the motor....

There's the water hole I dug - so that wire plugged into the generator is 25 feet long - just long enough to go to the bottom of the hole. So the hole is about 22 feet into the earth after the larger trench depth of a few feet.

OK now let's see the water coming out of the hose!

So that is 100 feet of water hose! At first I had 300 feet of water hose hooked up and water actually came out! But it quickly went to a trickle. So I walked back and unhooked it at 100 feet and there was still a lot more water coming out. So I realized it was a power issue - and left it at 100 feet to fill buckets.


So that's a LOT better than using the ceramic mug on a rope. Only this water soon went down to a trickle level and the clay water hole slowly recharged as it was being pumped out. It is a "mineral" water - I drank some out of the ceramic mug and it takes like slate!! hahahaha. The pump ran over an hour and then the amp level was too low on the generator and so water stopped coming out! The pump may have clogged up also. I'll clean it out and test it again here.





No comments:

Post a Comment