Monday, January 31, 2022

Why the Microstop Natural Rubber cutting Boards are a secret: Most likely Silicone antimicrobial protection!

 Someone posted that they TRIED to get an explanation from a U.S. company that sells Rubber Cutting Boards for kitchen use.

 So I contacted the company to ask exactly what is it they add to “MicroStop®“
If it is ALL RAW MATERIALS then they should be proud to list them and promote their ALL NATURAL ORGANIC RUBBER correct?….

I emailed them only to receive a copy of the item description on their website which says nothing!

Last emailed received on 9/22/21:

Ok, we are checking into it.

Juli Candra

NEVER HEARD FROM THIS PERSON AGAIN!
After contacting the company 3 times without a actual response I gave up and returned the cutting board.

The company uses what they call "Microstop" with a trademark and just say it's "Raw Materials" that are mixed into the Natural Rubber - but the person could get NO explanation of what "Microstop" was...most likely as the company employee had no idea either....

So then I noticed that the reviews of this Rubber Cutting Board - that supposedly is all great for "professional chefs" is that is smells and stains....

AND THEN I discovered this: Primasil silicone rubber compounds with antimicrobial protection 

Jan 10, 2021 — Primasil's Biomaster antimicrobial silicone compounds provide protection against unwanted bacteria such as E.coli, Salmonella, Listeria, MRSA ..

I have Silicone food containers that both smell and stain. I just use Vinegar to get rid of the smell of the silicone. Otherwise the Silicone absorbs the smell of the dishwasher soap and also any food smells. There is a distinct Silicone Smell also.

the offputting smell (that off-gassing plastic smell) has not gone away. I've hand washed this thing at least 10 times now and it persists. Today I left a luke warm chicken on the board to rest and the smell actually carried over to the chicken and created a terrible chemical taste in the meat.

I also have a Natural Rubber shower mat - and you HAVE to hang it up to dry each time I use it - and there is a rubber smell. I don't mind the rubber smell at all but if you are cutting into a Silicone Cutting Board then it will easily TRAP the smell and stains....

 My biggest complaint is a strong, objectionable, odor that emanates from the board. It is so bad that my wife won't even use it. I've tried leaving it out with good airflow for days, have washed it over and over, but no difference. The smell is coming from the core of the board itself.

Now they say that the silicone is antimicrobial - I'm sure it is - but smell is a quantum thing. haha. So obviously there are smaller particles than bacteria.

So as much as I personally could care less about the staining and the smell - for others using the cutting board then it will be an issue I think.

I would otherwise try this out - better than plastic - but synthetic rubber is also basically plastic as well. 

So there MUST be some kind of cutting board that is dishwasher safe yet....? Or ....

 I chopped onions on the cutting board and after running it through the dishwasher the rubber part held the onion smell. I even tried cleaning with lemon and it still smells like onions. Smelled up the dishwasher smelled up the whole kitchen.

 Hilarious! that's a Polypropylene cutting board with silicone non-slip corners...

1.0 out of 5 stars Strong smell
Reviewed in Canada on May 14, 2021
It stinks like hell.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment