Monday, August 23, 2021

I got Shiitake rash from too much lentinan medicine! fascinating.

 Basically I did a too strong dose of lentinan (the Beta-Glucans 1-6 medicinal compound in Shiitake) because the stipes (stems) have more lentinan than the rest of the shroom - and I undercooked the stipes (and then put in Vitamix Blender). Several times now.

Also there is a "contact" rash from processing the raw Shiitake - the forest log Shiitake has over twice as much lentinan as the sawdust block Shiitake. haha. Oops!! I've processed about 32 pounds so far this year - just got another harvest of another couple pounds. haha.

Lentinan‐induced secretion of Interleukin‐1, TNFα, nitric oxide, and other inflammatory cytokines leads to vasodilatation and hemorrhage in the epidermis, which presents as this characteristic rash.
The proposed mechanism begins with lentinan binding to MHC I on macrophages, which travel to lymph nodes and present lentinan to CD8 T lymphocytes. The T lymphocytes secrete interferon-γ, tumor necrosis factor-a, and interleukin-2. The overall effect is vasodilation and inflammation.

The rash goes away by not eating the undercooked Shiitake with too much lentinan. haha.

I'm not sure about the "contact" rash from handling the fresh Shiitake. 

Wow - my shiitake are too powerful for medicine!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment