Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sedona Arizona, the New Age Capitol of the world will either accept you and you'll thrive or it will chew you up and spit you out!

Sedona Arizona, the New Age Capitol of the world will either accept you and you'll thrive or it will chew you up and spit you out!

That's what a saying read in the gift shop as my high school friend and I stopped by - I think the place was called the "Crystal Palace" or Crystal Castle - and so we just kept driving on! 

Who was my friend? I just discovered her youtube photo.


 

So she thought I was a stoner in high school - because I was always smiling and laughing. In fact it was from my music bliss. I was known as "mr. music" but even then I got into making lots of noise. haha.

So when I looked up my old friend - I discovered that sure enough she's into New Age spirituality now...

Of course that site is ten years old or so... and no longer active...

10 Guidelines for when Jesus calls you out of the New Age

 I got that link from her New Age site - so maybe she stopped the new age spiritual stuff. We went to a Christian private school together - from middle school on - so six years of school together. And I was dating her best friend - who had been at our middle school and she left. So they stayed friends. And so her friend - was now my EX-gf - well at that age - she left to go to Arizona for a vacation. So my Dad bought an old Cadillac Seville in the same city she was ate - he surprised me saying he wanted me to go drive it back. So I guess Janis and I flew down there.

I really don't remember the airplane flight but the drive back was hilarious. We had a lot of fun - just being goofy and making stupid jokes. I saw my ex-gf in a bikini at the pool in PHoenix but she refused to talk to me. haha.

So....

another close school friend was living in Sedona for a long time - and she did get into yoga but now she lives in Switzerland! So .. did Sedona "chew her up and spit her out"? I don't know. Glad she is having adventure in Switzerland though.

Speaking of adventure - this friend with the photo above - she was chosen to go to Sweden - and it did not go well for her. haha. It was an adventure t.v. show. It should be on youtube....

the new reality TV show “The Great Swedish Adventure” - about Americans with Swedish roots competing for a chance to meet their Swedish family - aired on Swedish television this past fall - and wow, what a fantastic show!! All eight episodes are available to watch on YouTube; we've linked to the first episode here. Non-Swedish speakers will easily be able to follow along, as 90% is in English. Two of the 10 contestants on the show are from Minnesota, and one of them - Janis McKay Babcock - will be here at ASI on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 6:30 p.m. to speak about her experiences. We can’t wait to hear first-hand what it was like to be on the show; to go shopping in a Swedish grocery store with a shopping list entirely in Swedish, live like people did in rural Sweden in the 1800s - not to mention all the other fun and crazy things the contestants got to do! 


https://www.ingebretsens.com/media/upload/file/Janis%20Babcock%20Villager%20Art.pdf






No comments:

Post a Comment