Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Only a 10 watt Draw from portable DVD player! Is the 9 inch portable DVD player only drawing .9 amps? less than 1 amp at 12 volts?!!!


HD JUNTUNKOR 12.5" Portable DVD Player ... - Amazon.com


Rating: 4.4 - ‎969 reviews
The charge rated input voltage :100-240Vac. Rated input current : 0.65A max
 So I lowered my bicycle gears even more and then I got an amp reading on the DC-DC buck converter - and it was only .6 amps max out of 1.5 amps. So I was only drawing .9 amps maximum... meaning only 10 watts Draw!!

So then I shifted up to the highest gear on the bicycle and pedaled as hard as possible - Why? Because my amps were NOT going up!! I could max out at 1.5 amps but as hard as I pedaled it would not go higher than .7 amps (1.5 - .7 = .8 amp draw)....

So then I shifted back down to the lowest gear again that I had been using. In that gear if I pedal faster then the amps go up a bit and if I pedal slower then they go down a bit - by a 2 tenths of an amp or so. Meaning that this gear is my "lowest" possible to maintain the maximum DRAW of the DVD player...

So then the Toshiba does NOT give a WATT rating nor even an input current rating... Not that I noticed. It gives the maximum input rating of 1.5 amps for the AC power cord - meaning the cord cannot handle any amps higher.

How many watts does a portable dvd player have?
A portable DVD player will likely work directly off of 12V.
Anyhow, it will probably draw around 20-30W.
That's what someone answered. For the 9 inch -it's only 10 watts apparently!!

So I'm seeing 2 watts for 9 inch DVD portable SPEAKERS... how much for the player?

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-portable-dvd-players

So far None of these listings give the watts.
 This DVD/CD player fit the bill nicely! According to our solar power invertor, this baby only draws about 15 watts,
 Ah - so that is pretty close to what I get.

Oh That's for a 17 inch screen!! So that totally makes sense that the 9 inch screen is only 10 watts!

Amazing.

Luckily someone had an inverter that gave them the watts or amps reading. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment