Thursday, January 23, 2020

Cooked an Egg on Popcorn Bucket cooking surface & stand - new video with sound!! upload - corroborates the secondary burn no smoke design

video

proof that the egg finally cooked.

not quite done yet....

The cylinder stove is not rolling over or falling over!!

The popcorn cooking surface and stand is working!

no smoke... secondary burn is working amazingly well.

time to warm up some tea...

In this update I have added the rest of the popcorn bucket to create a cooking surface - and I test it out with cooking an egg. I am burning a "plant-based" charcoal from a disposable grill kit (provided free from Craig's List FREE). So it's cooking slowly but I think that is low slow cook. 
 
Amazingly the secondary burn that is smoke free kicked in almost immediately after starting - with the rocket roar! As I described in the previous vid - this stove design has a secondary air channel (inspired by the mass rocket stove batch design). So the cold air is sucked in and then the flame is redirected by the baffle - and the pre-heated extra oxygen creates a secondary burn of the smoke. This design was now confirmed to me with this test because when I opened the door then the cold primary air caused the duct chimney to emit smoke. 
 
So now with the popcorn bucket added to the waste bucket - I had standing legs and a cooking surface (with no drilling needed - and no bolts!). So also I have more metal to absorb and radiate heat. So this is a great addition or multiplier effect to this 2.4 gallon waste bucket portable backpack tent wood stove. 
 
This video has audio so you can hear the rocket roar and also my exclamatory surprise at seeing fire shoot out of the chimney, created by opening the stove door. After I closed the door then the fire went away and the clean secondary burn kicked in again. So the stove outperforms my expectations as far as a clean burn and now a cooking surface. 
 
Without the popcorn bucket then the cylinder waste basket wants to roll and fall over. So far the popcorn bucket has maintained stabilization. I will now go eat the egg. Thanks for watching! https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2020... My blog has images of the egg almost done cooking. Scroll way down to see the new blog post. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment