Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Nasreen Sheikh: Praying in Nature for Freedom from patriarchal labor oppression

Nasreen escaped her slave marriage village only to go into slave labor clothing work

So she intentionally sent her suffering into EACH piece of clothing with the intention that anyone who would wear that clothing would also feel her suffering.

I asked this specific question to the qigong masters. First someone in 2005 asked the qigong master: "What about sweatshops?" In the Level 3 class we are taught to feel the energy long distance. I don't think the qigong master KNEW that word in English! He pretended not to hear it.

So then I asked his assistant http://guidingqi.com about this - since the qigong masters say to be very careful about buying used clothing, since the energy of the previous owner is imprinted into the clothing.

Fair enough. I believe that to be sure! I have experienced Psychometry - so I know it is real. But I asked him about sweatshop clothing as well and told him the above story. He said - because the clothing is made so fast it is not imprinted... or something to that affect. haha.

Nasreen DISPROVES that claim! She went out of her way to IMPRINT her suffering into the clothing.

I launched the Workers Right Consortium campaign at University of Minnesota, along with the help and advice of fellow students.

https://usas.org/ was the basis for our organizing via my activist friends in UW-Madison. My fellow activist friends at University of Minnesota had similar activist contacts from around the US.

Fashion is the 2nd most polluting industry in the world - 300 gallons of water from one shirt!
at least 200 million worldwide children in sweatshop slave labor making clothing! https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB986848576239863642

 "This is an outrageous attempt to fool the average consumer," says Larry Weiss, director of Resource Center of the Americas, an anti-sweatshop organization in Minneapolis. "It's nothing but an attempt to preserve the status quo." Mr. Weiss recently helped convince the University of Minnesota to become a member of the Workers Rights Consortium and not join the FLA.
 Wow - first time I saw that quote from Larry Weiss in the Wall St. Journal! I also worked at the Resource Center of the Americas as a dishwasher for their fund-raising restaurant. Our place was SO popular for lunch by the University community that the University corporate-state administration bought the BUILDING to shut us down!! Can't compete with their corporate food contract....

Nasreen has escaped from child arranged marriage, the only girl in her Nepalese village of 2,000 to ever have avoided that fate. Then she was a child sewer of textiles for which she and her brother were never paid. In response, she founded and became the Executive Director of LOCAL WOMEN'S HANDICRAFTS/ L.O.C.W.O.M. A powerful international speaker for women empowerment, Nasreen now travels globally advocating for Fair Trade Fashion, speaking out about sweatshops. As a millennial commentator on power, fair trade, gender justice & environmental protection, her wisdom far exceeds her age. Funny, passionate, and bold, Nasreen demands we learn where and how our clothes are made. Recording Silence (The Undocumented Voice of Local Women's Handicrafts) #RECORDMYSILENCE
 I hated those clothes, they were woven with the Energy of my Suffering (Tedx video)

So one time I was standing outside a new GAP store in our yuppie neighborhood. I had grown up in that neighborhood before it was Yuptown (Uptown, Minneapolis). A mother complained to me, "you're scaring my daughter!" as the two of them tried to enter the GAP as I protested alone outside. I quickly responded:

What about the girls making these clothes?
She did not respond and instead went in, after giving me a shocked look. But luckily that GAP store did not stay open much longer. It shut down about a year later.

 It took nine meetings with the General Counsel and PR department that runs the University of Minnesota but finally they joined the Workers Rights Consortium. The President of the University emailed me pleading for me to not go on "universal hunger strike" as I had "done enough already." haha. And soon after that he had the University officially join the Workers Rights Consortium.

It took other student activists to continue working to get our membership to have "teeth." But it eventually happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment