Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Is my Nature's Head composting toilet in an RV or my home? I am asked....It's a Hermit Hut.

 A great new vid on how to use a Nature's Head composting toilet

and this article link is given in the comments

Last summer I reconstructed a Bronze Age primitive dwelling from 3000 BCE - so it's a locally harvested double wattle willow wall filled in with 6 to 8 inches of clay-slip straw for insulation. Then the wattle is covered with daub (horse-manure clay-slip) and the exterior has lime cement coating for waterproofing. 3 silicone-polyester canvas weave tarps and 2 layers of rockwool insulation for the gable roof - now being tested with over 6 inches of snow. A center pole to support the roof - nearby the wood stove. It's a Hermit Hut. 

I have 5 acres of forest for a "seasonal campsite" where I grow forest shiitake shrooms. I can camp in a tent there 7 months a year - legally. I also built a teepee tent as my 1st shelter. The Nature's Head (vid) was in a temporary tent that collapsed under the snow last winter. A tent still up after 6 months then legally turns into a "structure." I can have 300 total square feet of structure and anything over 120 sq. ft. needs a permit. So the teepee structure and primitive dwelling are each 120 square feet. So now the Nature's Head (another vid) is in the primitive dwelling structure for the winter instead of a collapsed tent. haha.

 Just use lime ash for the odor and recombine the yellow water and dry septage with the lime ash when you compost. The urine will compost the lime wood ash (that stops the septage odor).

I need to go up there, now that deer hunting season is over. I didn't want to get caught in cross-fire. I fast and meditate - so I don't need to use the Nature's Head (a third vid) a lot. Last year I used snowshoes so I could use a hand saw to cut down trees for the spring mushroom logs - drill 30 holes in each log. Offgrid - solar panels for power. I got 100 logs to harvest shiitake shrooms for my first time this spring. Then if I need to live there all year round I can just camp for free in the nearby national forest or state forest. So my living fees would be $60 a year for taxes since it is unimproved rural vacant status in a forest agriculture zone.

So then I just compost in the mini-forest since as your husband emphasizes - there's no sewage. I called our state pollution agency - I called the person in charge of sewage treatment systems for our area. I asked him about a composting toilet. He said: Is there discharge? I said no. He said: So no permit is needed. I said thanks and bye. Wow - I was so happy! haha. Keep the guvmint off my land!
https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2019/11/no-discharge-septage-is-not-sewage-why.html

Nature's Head - a fourth review vid

No comments:

Post a Comment