Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Psychedelic Dreams from MSG Glutamate food additive: End Wall Ideas for Hermit Hut

Since I was hand digging the well again - at 24 feet down!! - I went into "feast" mode at the local town grocery. I ended up getting cheetos that were the red hot flavor with MSG. That's when the wild dreams kicked in. I've gotten this reaction before. The dreams are super fast and super "active" - and super wild. It reminds me of when I've eaten Amanita Muscaria... and sure enough BOTH increase GABA levels!!

https://healingchick.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/msg-dreams/

Here is someone else reporting the same reaction to MSG - psychedelic dreams.

MSG could cause vivid dreams is that the body converts excess Glutamate into Glutamic Acid and GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric Acid).
When I researched the Amanita Muscaria - I found that it also was an MAOI via the increased GABA. Not sure how that worked.

Wow - I got a LOT of rain yesterday up north!! I missed it. I wonder if my mushroom logs are fruiting!!? I hope not. I'm assuming that they will need more cold weather to be "shocked" into fruiting. Still the mycelium will love all that water....

So I've been researching how to do my end walls on the Hermit Hut. I don't want to have to dig out a lot of clay. So I could buy sand - which is pretty cheap - and so use a high sand to clay ratio. I need to get more horse manure. Hopefully the horse ranch to the south will soon be giving away their manure.... then I would do cob walls that are thick and free standing.
 Biochar is added to a clay-sand mixture at a ratio of 30 – 50% (compared with normal clay plasters, the sand content is slightly lower). The biochar-mud mixture thus contains 50% biochar, 30% sand and 20% clay.
Maybe I should make Biochar to use as my "insulation"!!! Hmm - that seems to be a really good idea. I would just have to buy sand.
Applied at a thickness of up to 20 cm, it can be a substitute for Styrofoam insulation.
 or I use the horse manure....
2 Bucket of horse dung
– 4 Bucket of mixture sand/clay in proportion of 20% clay / 80% sand
 so it's 1 bucket clay, 4 buckets of sand, 2 buckets of horse manure....

Ok so I can just use horse manure till I run out - and then switch to making biochar...

And then ... for making a stove and chimney?

Three 5-gallon buckets of dry sand, 6.38 gallons of Portland cement and 1.12 gallons of hydrated lime. Blend these ingredients well before adding any water to the mix. Add water slowly until you get a mixture that resembles regular bricklayers mortar.
and
by Volume: 3 parts clay to 1 part sand [4 Buckets] to 1 part lime to 1 part cement
For Kang Bed-stove
 The optimal properties of clay brick were found at 15% content of lime
 and back to biochar

Wood, even light airy wood like cedar, is thousands of times denser than biochar type charcoal, and even when the char was compressed with a clay slip, I think that it is going to be extremely light.  Of course this would assume a certain ratio of char to clay.
 and so...

So yes a 18inch or 24 inch biochar-COB might be okay. But we are still talking about 4x normal thickness wall.
 yep....

  A Char wall with 80% char in a cob type mix, I figure is going to be lighter and a lot better insulation (R value) than a straw bale, but it might not have the same thermal mass potential.
 fascinating....

  Charcoal is one of the most insulative materials on Earth. It would need to have a clay slip coating for fire protection as is done with straw clay.
 But we aren't doing 100% "biohar' walls we are doing 50% cob+50%biochar walls and with the 50% cob (or 20% portland cement) it's R-value is cut by more than 80%
how to make biochar vid

No comments:

Post a Comment