Sunday, January 20, 2019

A letter titled Alain Connes new music composition (but I make no link to his music composition). haha.

Dear Professor Emeritus Stephen Braude: Thank you for our previous correspondence. I did my master's thesis on music theory and paranormal philosophy. Then I finished my Liberal Studies master's degree at U of MN doing intensive nonwestern philosophy through the African Studies department, based on Pythagorean music theory as Daoist-African, etc. through http://springforestqigong.com a qigong master healer, Chunyi Lin. OK so that was in 2000 - and the experience was a very deep life change. So then I read one scholarly book a day for 10 years, in an attempt to convert my experience back into Western science. I had discovered Alain Connes stating that music theory provided the formal logic for his unified field math - this was around 2003. His book "Triangle of Thoughts." He discussed orchestration - something I had studied. Anyway I wasn't sure how metaphorical he was being until his lecture on music theory was posted on youtube. I transcribed his discussion of music theory - in the lecture. Otherwise he's talking about Dirac spinors, (etc. - stuff I don't know too much about). haha.

I hope I'm not boring you. I had been calling my theory "complementary opposite ratios" and then trying to explain it to people - publishing articles for a site called - what was that? Some paranormal site. Anyway I realized my term was the same as what Alain Connes calls "noncommutative phase." This is something I had intuited in my private music studies while I was in high school. In fact I secretly rejected the Pythagorean Theorem but then I took quantum mechanics my first year of college, at Hampshire (the experiment tutorial school). So I realized that quantum entanglement was what I was getting at - but still not sure. So I have corresponded with philosophy of science professor Ruth E. Kastner - at U of MD I think - same as you? She focuses on quantum physics but she is also a musician.

OK so then I discovered Eddie Oshins, a quantum psychologist working at SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center). He, like you, dismissed Karl Pribram's holographic model. But Oshins actually worked with Pribram and Oshins tried to explain the same noncommutative phase logic to Pribram. But I guess Pribram could not follow the math. Yes but Oshins also taught Wing Chun martial arts and so Oshins realized the secret of Daoist Neigong (paranormal alchemy) was from the noncommutative phase logic! I had to really search to discover Oshins but I've seen corresponded with his collaborator, math professor Louis Kauffman.

So you can see how things kind of came full circle. My blog compiles this research http://elixirfield.blogspot.com

Thanks for your time.

P.S. one of the specific discoveries I made is that the so-called Pythagorean Comma as Wiki (and Academia) defines it actually is a mathematical lie!! The real Pythagorean philosophy is noncommutative phase logic and so the "comma" as it is typically defined assumes that the octave can be symmetrically divided back into the fifths. But Sir James Jeans, in his book, "Science and Music" did not make this error about the Pythagorean Comma! He defines it as the ratio of 129.5 to 128 (I think). I go into the specific math in one of my blog posts - I'll get it. https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/06/why-hertz-hurtz-as-ditonic-comma-lie.html
So this is one example - you have to scroll down past the quotes...

Oh yeah my master's thesis was also on "radical ecology" - so I call this math-philosophy lie the "rotten root" - literally as the "Lie of the Lyre." Meaning - the ecological and social justice crisis are symptomatic of this foundation lie of Western civilization, the "Greek Miracle," etc.

Let me know if you are interested in this analysis, as I have enjoyed reading your critique of Morphic Resonance and also your description of Jazz Improv. You probably saw the fairly recent science on jazz improvisers having their "language" centers activated when they improvise. So your analogy has now been corroborated. haha.

thanks,

drew hempel

No comments:

Post a Comment