Saturday, July 21, 2018

Is "Taoist Texts" Fabrizio Pregadio or Daniel Burton-Rose?

There is one poster on "thedaobums" forum who really knows his alchemy esoteric analysis - and he translates the Chinese and refers to his students. I don't agree with "everything" he says but I agree with him almost completely. This fits in with Fabrizio Pregadio and Taoist Texts then refers to one of Pregadio's links as a recommended reading. UPDATE - he says he is NOT Pregadio.

 

 When I was helping my meditation activist friend do his barn reclamation - he had me laughing more than I have laughed in literally decades. We were hauling some heavy stuff and I thought I was going to drop it. I was laughing like that for the last few days - and the secret was good food, good exercise, good friendship and lots of qigong meditation at night. I slept on the floor with no pillow, so I would wake up with a stiff neck and sore arm (used as my pillow) and then just go into full lotus (or standing meditation) and clear out the blockages. I would alternate that routine - going from full lotus back into "supine" sleeping position - and switch several times during the night.



Since it got cool at night - then I also made sure to activate the strong "tummo" heat of the yang qi - using the Wim Hof method (Quick Fire - and then Slow Fire) ... and so then with continued meditation after the tummo heat, a taste of the Yuan Qi is activated, hence the drunk trance bliss state during the day. At one time, my friend said I was being a spaz and that I kept repeating myself - and so then I was going on about how Western culture needs everything to be new all the time, as planned obsolescence. I started going on about how quantum negentropy was now "new" and just talking gibberish.

The YiJing concept of the 'zi hour' in the universe received prominence due to works of 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shao_Yong
 
in Song.
So that is a quote from Taoist Texts - and the Ph.D. thesis of Daniel Burton-Rose features this author Shao Yong.... a coincidence?

 



Yes this is what I did in the past week of farm work. And so Tantra as Daoism is the "Elixir Field" as "cultivating" or even "plowing" the lower tan t'ien. But the poster "Taoist Texts" seems fixated on how Neidan is a later creation. The Burton-Rose Ph.D. makes this point:






















































No comments:

Post a Comment