Saturday, September 19, 2026

Top British Ale in Minnesota: Old Crown by Sunken Ship craft brewery

 Just got back from a road trip! I listened to the author of "Beer Invented Civilization" - a professor and master brewer scientist. He says a British ale is the BEST BEER. So I searched - Minnesota doesn't sell a British Ale unless you go to Brit's Pub, downtown Minneapolis, for an import. So I found the "top beer of 2025" is a British Ale for Minnesota Craft Beers! I took my mom on a road trip! She admitted the beer tastes really good. It's a seriously very tasty beer and not very high in alcohol. One 25 ounce KING beer and I'm buzzed but not that buzzed. A nice relaxing buzz. thanks.

Dr. Charlie Bamforth, often nicknamed the "Pope of Foam," is a renowned brewing scientist and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Malting and Brewing Sciences at the University of California, Davis. [1, 2, 3]
The "Pope of Foam" and Civilization
  • The Moniker: Dr. Bamforth earned the title "Pope of Foam" due to his extensive research into the science, creation, and stability of foam (the head) on top of a beer. [1]
  • Beer and Civilization: He is a prominent proponent of the theory that beer is the basis of modern static civilization. [1]
  • The Theory: He frequently explains in lectures and media appearances (such as NPR and his talk "Sip Happens: The Science and Story of Beer") that early nomadic hunter-gatherers stopped wandering and settled down to cultivate grains like barley specifically to brew beer, which led to permanent villages, towns, and eventually modern cities. [1, 2, 3]
Would you like to know more about Dr. Bamforth's research on beer foam physics or the "beer before bread" archaeological theory he discusses?

No comments:

Post a Comment