Saturday, August 22, 2026

Did Ozark Trail Meadow boots put Vasque Talus boots out of business? They look exactly the same (one is $55, one is $150)

 I was just hauling brush with my neighbor and I noticed his boots looked precisely the same as the Ozark Trail boots (vid review) I just got at Goodwill for $12. Those Ozark Trail Meadow boots are sold by Walmart for $40. But the sole and design looks exactly the same as the Vasque boots by Redwing. Wow. They're both made in China. One has "label" soles (Vibram) and "label" leather - but are they really that different?

modern Vasque technical footwear lines like the Talus are manufactured overseas in Asian production facilities, including China and Vietnam 

 Ozark Trail Men's Meadows 2.0 Waterproof Mid Hiking Boots

Vasque by Red Wing Shoes 7366 Talus

The Vasque Talus AT UltraDry utilizes premium components like waterproof Nubuck leather and high-traction Vibram Mega Nuasi outsoles. Ozark Trail models use basic split-grain or synthetic leather and generic rubber lug soles to keep retail costs minimal. [1]

 May wear down quickly with heavy use on rough surfaces.

 

Customer images

No comments:

Post a Comment