Saturday, July 25, 2026

My Life story has been a really bad MST3K film: A synopsis of "Drew are you ok?"

 Born in a snow storm to an elated father who passed out cigars and shoveled the neighbors walks to celebrate my birth. At six weeks old I flew to Puerto Rico to celebrate my dad's legal victory for the nuclear power utility to not get routine radiation emissions regulated at a stricter than federal standard. I didn't know this until I searched my dad's name 29 years later.

At two years old I wandered off down the block only to return to tell my mom a cat bit me and I had a scratch mark on my shoulder. I got 13 shots in my stomach for a rabies vaccine. Once a day.

At two years old I also convinced the neighbor girl to cross the street on her own to visit me. Her mom immediately taught us to look first left, then right, then left again before crossing the street.

At five years old I won a contest who could hold their breath the longest as we first graders traversed the length of the school to wash our hands before lunch. I passed out after going to the bathroom washing my hands, waking up to my friend leaning over me, "Drew are you ok?" Blood streaming out of my skull and screaming, he explained I hit both concrete corner walls on the way down to the concrete floor - a trail of blood from the back of my skull led back to the nurses who screamed at me to never hold my breath again.

At eight years old I got glasses and at nine years old I was told I would never be a success if I wrote as bad as I did (with my left hand). I was already in the "enriched" program (so immediately thought why would I want to be successful if it meant being like that teacher?) and I wrote a novel called "Death of a Salesman" in 3rd grade. I stole the title from my parent's library but I based my novel on my best friend's dad. My plot was a door to door Kleenex salesman who gambles away his money, loses his family and dies from cancer after drinking too much. 

At 14 years old I went to Camp Fish but this was after my mom called the cops on me since I was fishing past dark in a canal with a buddy I met - catching bass like crazy because they were spawning and it was not legal yet. I soon bragged about this bass extravaganza on a live call-in fishing show on public radio while my dad laughed as the fish expert explained I was breaking the law.

 Around this time I also went to Bible Camp where I collected four leaf clovers the whole time into my Bible - and someone stole them out of my bible. I didn't talk to my bunk mates in the camp cabin.

I was already a hermit and for my 14th birthday I asked for a parakeet. I was one of the best soccer players in middle school but when the best player came over to play - I showed him my parakeet since the bird was my best friend. I got the bird its first day out the nest and before he could fly. My pet took showers with me and flew around freely in the house - and sang to my piano playing. The bird took baths in the kitchen as my mom cooked dinner. The bird had lots of stories of being part of the family and I picked up all its droppings around the house. The bird then had a tragic death getting caught in a swinging door with its beak hanging down.

 Then I dissected a cat in biology high school class 11th grade - and I glued the skeleton back together bone by bone with Elmer's glue. The cat came back to life in the summer heat and I was called in to pick up the cat.

 I got voted onto the Homecoming Court because I played music in school all the time and the English teachers would ask me to read my creative writing essays. One essay I fasted for a day and described my vivid dreams about pancakes. Another essay I did a sardonic spoof on a satanic community. I didn't save any of these writings - since I was embarrassed about being asked to read them to the class. My personal hygiene suffered but I was asked to Sadie Hawkins and Prom by pretty young ladies.

I then was in a noise punk rock band while I began memorizing classical music and I got sent off to a chamber music camp on Madeline Island in Lake Superior. By this time I had gone to Mexico to see the Mayan pyramids and swim off Cozumel and I went to Hawaii and drove up the West coast while staying at Ghost Ranch in the desert for several summers. I had no interest in being a professional classical musician - so I was the worst one there by far while I listened to free jazz and punk rock. My room mate was an only child who aced his SAT and got a free ride scholarship to Harvard, and then he became a music composer professor. We composed some music together and then he told me to stop talking to him in public.

I was then playing in a jazz band a bit on piano and singing in the high school choir and playing in the noise punk band and in a roots reggae band (we played First Avenue main room, opening for the Untouchables when I was 15 years old). I also played folk hippy blues with a guitarist - and finally I memorized Bach's Italian Concerto in F and a Brahms and Mozart sonata and did my own compositions and an avant-garde John cage prepared piano piece for my senior music concert - all by memory except my own compositions and John Cage. I got so stressed out that I soon weaned myself from music.

My first job out of school was full-time door to door begging for donations for Citizens for a Better Environment and then I bicycled along the Mississippi river to see a river boat community in Winona - while I brought Dostoevsky Brothers Karamazov to read in a reprised version.

I tested 92 in math, 96 in social science and 98 in biology on the ACT but I bombed the written part of the exam ( in the 60s) as I ran out of time.  When I took quantum physics my first year of college at Hampshire (that had no grades) suddenly I realized a music theory secret I had discovered when I was 15 was the same secret of quantum nonlocality. It took me 35 more years to get this published as an academic journal peer-reviewed article.

After living in the wilderness in Alaska just south of Denali for fourth months then I had gone feral. I transferred to UW-Madison where I focused on conservation biology and environmental studies in the context of International Relations. I did lots of Greens activism and worked up an FBI record (unbeknownst to me until my activist friend did a FOIA request). I later organized the MN Free Burma Coalition with a Burmese refugee. I studied in the Costa Rican rainforest for a semester in 1992.

At this point I traveled to Morocco with my ex-gf who was in the Peace Corps there (only she didn't tell me I was her ex until I showed up and thus chaos ensued. We visited the most traditional Berber village that was completely self-reliant - all the clothes were hand made by the women from a sheep flock in the mountains. Humanure compost grew the food.

Then I went to Venezuela to talk to bare-footed peasants and a former OPEC negotiator while I had a vision in the Andes. 

  In the mean time I tested out my quantum music healing supernatural theory to finish my University of Minnesota Liberal Studies master's degree in 2000 by doing intensive nonwestern meditation with a Chinese spiritual healer who trained in Daoist qigong full lotus yoga cave meditation at Mt. Qingcheng - http://springforestqigong.com

After meditating full time for a week (with only a half glass of water) then I had an "enlightenment experience" seeing ghosts and smelling cancer and opening the third eye through full lotus padmasana meditation. This enabled precognitive dreams and long distance healing and telekinesis and telepathy and psychometry.

After this I then ate out of dumpsters for ten years while reading one scholarly book a day - after finishing my master's degree. I continued working part-time at an environmental nonprofit. I had worked about 35 different jobs by the time I left the city ten years later. I was hired as a paid op-ed writer for the University of Minnesota Daily newspaper based on my activist research.

I then focused on regenerative forest farming and caregiving. I had been arrested eight times doing civil disobedience and had written several books based on my research - all published online. People from all over the world read my free research.

 I recently received a community service dedication certificate for my road repair work and lawn care at our HOA - where I also grow forest mushrooms as a CSA farm. This is after I did five years as a volunteer at a regenerative agriculture farm of my university friend. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment