Sunday, March 5, 2023

Preventative Repair or destruction of my new Skullcandy Riff meditation headphones? A Definitive Design Flaw!

 At least 15 documented cases (below) of the headbands snapping in precisely the SAME spot!!

Todd Schuhman

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on November 15, 2022
GREAT SOUND. THE HEAD SUPPORT BREAKS. IS MY HEAD TOO BIG?

The reviews of the Skullcandy Riff - a very comfortable, very nice sound, very affordable headphone have one big drawback - the headphones always break in the same spot - a design flaw!! It's a creased "snap line" - So... I just got some original formula JB cold weld for the car - since metal is considered superior for headbands - this has metal in it! 

Sixela
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 11, 2023
Everything was great until it snapped at the joint when the headphone met the top piece. This was a Christmas gift, and it snapped on 1/10 so I had it for about a whole 2 weeks.

 

 The only issue: This will make my 3rd pair. Not because of how much I love them, but because of how easy the headband part of them will break and always in the exact same spot in the headband extender - even if you never one time extended it.

 So they always break in that same spot.

 Buyer be aware I’m only giving this product 3 stars due to the breakage that eventually will occur right at the beginning of the extension no matter how careful you try to be. Just look at pictures others have posted.

Hopefully this will prevent them from snapping in that spot!

 

I wiped off that extra line of JB weld with a cotton rag....So hopefully I can still adjust the size a bit.... hahaha

 The sound is fine, but the cheap plastic in the expanding portion of the headband snaps very easily. Treat these very delicately.

Gee mine look different already - I have big JB cold welds in those same break spots! hahaha

I just put JB weld on the car yesterday and I took a big sniff - it seems to not offgas once it cures. I couldn't smell anything at all so I think I'll be ok. Unlike all these people?

You can actually see how the ear piece part slides up onto this thinner indentation - "snap line" hahaha.

 two of them were broken within 2 weeks. They both broke in the same place.

So I made sure to coat that "snap line" - Sure my headphones look messy but that's better than broken!

OK enough screenshots - I've proved "the" point.

Just 2 months in they snapped at the adjustment point.

. Both pairs broke in the exact same way, snapping at the plastic joint where the earpieces slide out to adjust the size (hard to come up with the technical term here). Anyway, sound and battery life are great, but don't be surprised when they snap.

 headband broke a year after I got it. Coincidental a classmate had the samething happen.

 The plastic headband broke after two months. They broke in the same place that other reviewers have reported in their photos.

 one day he was putting them on and they snapped;...In short, the sound quality is fine but the construction is pathetic.

 I was on the bus and took them off my head and tried to push the headphones back into the band and the left side snapped. But I really needed them for school so I tried to e-tape them after they broke. And shortly after one side snapped 2 weeks later the other side snapped.

 

 I do find this fascinating - I have read testimonial after testimonial - must be over 50 now!! They ALL snap in the precise same spot where the plastic is very thin - that is suppose to "catch" the closing of the headband as it slides up.

 Bought the wireless and it snapped on the right side. Bought a wired set, it snapped in the same spot. I honestly think its a design flaw.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment