Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Drumming Flapping Sound: Diagnosing Stuck or Sticky Exhaust Manifold Valves in the engine - the Car PASSES the paper on exhaust pipe trick

How To Diagnose Sticky Engine Valves

So I just did this test and amazingly I passed! NO suction of the paper - using the one handed holding of the paper trick.

The video produces a drumming sound.

So this video uses a dollar bill Flapping visually - one handed holding of dollar bill

I suppose I should do that also but I JUST did the first test and it passed. I really want the car to pass because this kind of engine is super difficult to treat for engine problems.

So I do have the valve lifter ticking noise but I am starting to treat it with Marvel's Mystery Oil. I have not been using the recommended dose since I don't want to plug the fuel injectors. So I am slowly building up to the regular dose.

But if I do NOT treat it with MMO - then the exhaust valves will end up sticking.

Here he shows a Good one and Bad one - and there is Vibrating paper on the Good one but no INWARD SUCKING - vid

The paper makes a sucking drumming noise on the bad exhaust.

So if the exhaust valve is leaking it's sucking air back up from the exhaust INSTEAD of from the Intake manifold valves....

Dollar Bill Test again! - four vid

So the bad one again makes a drumming flapping noise.

The good one vibrates but no inward sucking beating flapping noise.

So it seems like the Dollar Bill is a more dramatic test - but it's just another "one hand" paper test. So I'm sticking with my first One Hand paper test. I think I passed the test. I don't want to do the dollar bill test.

Does Marvel Mystery Oil really WORK to fix "low compression" - ? vid
leak gas or the valve seals can become too worn to seal the gas in properly. Either way, the result is often low compression.
Sure enough the MMO FIXED the "low compression" leaking exhaust valve!!

3rd dollar bill test - but the cylinder is known to be bad - lots of flapping vid

He says - it is KIND of getting sucked in but not very easy. So a bad cylinder is not the same as an exhaust valve leaking - not quite the same symptom I guess.

Sixth Vid of paper test on exhaust pipe - flapping drumming sound again

And he FIXES it - so the paper is no longer flapping!!

How did he do it?

Oh he says you have to contact him for the secret. Hilarious.

OH I read the comments - he did a B12 treatment - which is more powerful than the typical treatment - so you idle it and then change the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment