Thursday, April 23, 2020

Josh J. Elvis Weinstein making Shiitake Mushroom jokes on Mystery Science Theater 3000 or MST3K from Nintendo Mario Brothers!

  • “You're full of shiitake mushrooms!"
 Vega, who plays teen spy Carmen Cortez in the PG-rated movie series

 Controversy sparked when the line "You're full of shiit...ake mushrooms" makes the cut and is in Spy Kids 2. Shiitake mushroom joke also made in Austin Powers ...

 https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shiitake%20Mushrooms

https://nickthemoviecritic.com/2019/05/19/godzilla-vs-megalon/  (that's actually a quote inserted from another movie into a review of an MST3K riff film)

I bet the inside of his suit smells like a mushroom farm at this point.
Josh Weinstein, Robot Holocaust 1 hr 22 minutes

 My shiitake, mine!
 Josh Weinstein on MST3K

They keep mutant humanoid mole men as their slaves to harvest mushrooms,
which serve as their primary food source.
https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/91/The_Mole_People


the slime people | Tumblr


Kissing you is like plunging my tongue into a vat of shiitake mushrooms.” 
—, Tom Servo. #mst3k. aka Josh Weinstein
The Slime People 

Well hopefully I'll get my first harvest of Shiitake Shrooms Soon!

 https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/32/The_Slime_People

There is an ERROR that I corrected and sent off - only because of yesterday's blog post was I able to correct their error!
Crow stating: Remember your S Training. Should be "Remember EST training" becuz Joel follows it up with "Pyramid Game" - remember MST3K was critiquing their creative friends being in the Est cult.
Possibly a reference to the then-current action film Navy Seals (1990), starring Charlie Sheen. “S Training” is short for “BUD/S Training,” meaning “Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL Training.”

THE EST STANDARD TRAINING. "Fundamentally, the est training is an occasion in which participants have an experience, uniquely their own, in a situation which enables and encourages them to do that fully and responsibly.

In the pyramid game you let people pay to sell the product they already use. ... Always they conducted the EST training exactly the way Erhard had done.



Mystery Science Theater 3000 Volume XXVI DVD Review ...



Mar 26, 2013 - Mike, Tom Servo and Crow crack plenty of jokes about the film's ... set is the Sci-Fi Channel era episode “The Mole People” (a Universal monster feature). ... old Professor's speech, the Shiitake Mushroom joke, Crow yawning, ...

Triumph of the Swill - Nashville Scene



Jul 11, 1996 - ... the Mushroom People, a deranged Japanese fungusfest about castaways who turn into bloodthirsty shiitake
 Goombas, shiitake mushroom people with no arms .
 Goombas resemble shiitake, with bushy eyebrows and a pair of fangs sprouting from their lower jaw. Early concept art for the Super Mario Bros. film showed that the design of the Goombas were originally intended to be for Koopa Troopas, another kind of Mario enemy.

Japanese gamers’ heads explode as they learn Super Mario’s Goombas are mushrooms, not chestnuts

 https://soranews24.com/2015/10/01/japanese-gamers-heads-explode-as-they-learn-super-marios-goombas-are-mushrooms-not-chestnuts/

 Thanks to the official Nintendo Line Messenger bot, Japanese netizens have learned the shocking truth about Mario’s oldest enemy: they’re not chestnuts, they’re shiitake mushrooms!

 Apparently Shigeru Miyamoto had intended for these enemies to be evil shiitake mushrooms https://legendsoflocalization.com/super-mario-bros/names/
 The pileus and stipe of the shiitake share similar colors to the Goomba's

 THE MIYAMOTO is back!
100% Grass-Fed Wagyu Beef from Alamanack Farm, blended with 37% by weight roasted mushrooms. Featuring Shiitake Mayo, Pickled Mushrooms and Nordic Swiss from Karim Farm& Creamery. Named for Shigeru Miyamoto, king of his own Mushroom Kingdom.

 https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/15/Mighty_Jack

 What’s the secret to Mario Brothers? How does it work?Mario and Luigi are the primary characters in a series of video games produced by Nintendo over the past three decades. They are brothers and plumbers who often find themselves rescuing princesses from the clutches of evil elements in the Mushroom Kingdom, such as the turtle-like Koopas. Mario first appeared in 1981’s arcade game Donkey Kong, and the duo got their own title in 1983’s Mario Bros. It was 1985’s Super Mario Bros. that gave Mario and Luigi worldwide recognition. Mario titles have anchored all of Nintendo’s home gaming systems, including NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, and Wii. Altogether, Mario has appeared in more than two hundred games.

 

https://vovatia.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/doom-and-goombas/ 

 Goombas are a small, brown species of sentient shiitake mushroom with bushy eyebrows and a pair of fangs sprouting from their lower jaw — normal enough — that live in the Mushroom Kingdom — naturally. They were developed as a simple, easy-to-defeat enemy when the Nintendo team realized that the Koopa were maybe too tricky for a preliminary opponent.

 

 A whole Youtube Gaming channel called Shiitake mushrooms!

http://plantsandmycologyyeah.blogspot.com/2015/03/fictional-fungi.html

Ok J. Elvis - thanks for checking out my blogpost! So I did another one last night! https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2020/04/josh-j-elvis-weinstein-making-shiitake.html about your shiitake mushroom jokes. I'm not done watching season one though - so maybe you make more of them! Turns out that I grow shiitake mushrooms now in northern MN as my new career! I bought Tax-forfeit land as 5 acres of scrub forest. So that is my "career."

Also I studied music intensely at the University/college level. I first heard Elvis Costello at my first year of college in 1989-90 - from my new best friend who grew up outside Chicago. So then he and I went to see Elvis perform live in Wisconsin - and the opening band was a Wisconsin band - oh the name slips me. Starts with a M. The Me...

Anyway so in Minneapolis I actually performed in a noise band in high school and we played 7th st. Entry - for new band night. So that was in 1988 or so. But also I played 1st Ave. main room in a "roots reggae" band that opened for the Untouchables. Maybe that was 1987? Both these bands were terrible and I was proud of that. Anyway I had trained in classical piano at McPhail since age 5 and then studied with a private teacher who had been a music professor at U of MN. So at Hampshire College I tested into the 3rd year of music theory. But I secretly had this Pythagorean shamanic "vision" due to my music training...

So my best-friend in MN high school (I went to Minnehaha Academy) - his parents were from Taiwan. He was atheist and wore black all the time - and they thought some religion training might help him. He then became a film documentary maker - after he did Ph.D. studies in philosophy. So his name is "James T. Hong." - You might like this short of his - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtP_1w3-0gk
You know how Joel says people really did talk like that back then - making "references" all the time to popular culture - yes this is how James was with my other high school friend in our grade (who played in our noise band). I stayed out of it since I refused to have cable t.v. - I was way more into music and I didn't want to be polluted by commercial influence. haha. But I did see MST3K on channel 23!!

Anyway - so actually as I type this - I remember that his Chinese mom tried doing Stand Up comedy in Minnesota! (also so did my 1st grade friend Charlie Cummings - maybe you know Charlie? His dad told me that Charlie had tried stand up comedy - they lived in the Hair Saloon - literally just a block from the comedy galleries on Hennepin Ave.). So the Chinese mom was fearless apparently as my friend's family had been attacked by racism in Minnesota. My friend actually moved back to Taiwan and he doesn't reply to my emails anymore. He relies on getting art grants to do arty documentaries and exhibits.

So am I right that your shiitake mushroom jokes are due to you playing video games also - as is mentioned you all did?

 All right! I found my Nintendo! I’m gonna play Super Mario Bros. and everything! Oh, this is gonna be so great. Oh, it’s heavy.
 https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/33/Project_Moonbase

Because I don't remember shiitake mushrooms being sold in Minnesota back in the late 1980s. haha. I suppose they were sold somewhere. OK - thanks for the fun. Yes my plan is to sell my shiitake mushrooms at a local Chinese warehouse where I worked - since the chinese eat lots of shiitake mushrooms. But of course Mother Nature has thrown a wrench into Western civilization. haha. I used to go fishing every day alone along Lake of the Isles - so I've always been on the side of Mother Nature. Shiitake mushrooms grown in the wild forest on logs are much better in taste than the typical saw dust block grown shiitake mushrooms.

https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/3/Rocketship_X-M
 And we’ll be collecting bonus coins and mushrooms for extra guys.A reference to the classic video game Super Mario Bros., released by Nintendo in 1985 for its NES home video game system. In order to get extra lives, the player must collect one hundred coins or find special “1-Up” mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment