Sunday, May 5, 2019

Preventative healing: 1 pound is worth 1000 pounds of treating a blockage that physically dominates the body-mind



Thanks for the kudos and glad to read your digging into the Taoist Yoga book. That is a lifetime read for sure. I always look forward to learning new things from rereading that book.

As for the Western science "analog" of this stuff - it's just a quagmire. I got into the Western science aspect as a means of "intellectual self-defense" because most people dismiss qigong claims as just being pure woo-woo. But I also think there is a basic limitation to Western science that is not the same as meditation. Meditation relies on logical inference as its main means or methodology. While science first assumes a technological measurement as a verification of reality. Logical inference is more like listening, as an open question, and then learning from the response.

So there are models of science that can closely work as analogs for qigong meditation and this has been a fascinating discovery for me. But when it comes to the "nuts and bolts" of western science, then those models have to "fall back on" something inherently external, dependent on external measurement. Actually philosopher of science professor H.M. Collins - he goes into this paradox of western science, in comparison to paranormal phenomenon. Who else did? Michael Polanyi I think - the polymath brother to Karl Polanyi.

So then I can use science as a metaphor but that's not the same as "doing science." And I have corresponded with scientists - and it seems that this has even been a cause for some inspiration - for example Nobel physicist Brian Josephson's current emphasis on acoustics and now he is studying noncommutative phase math. And also I do now get scientists regularly reading my blog - certain scientists who have made similar claims that I have made, based on my music theory research connections to quantum physics, etc.

But to contextualize science then we need to consider the current social and ecological injustice - vis a vis "entropy" as science measures it. So we find that most scientists greatly underestimate the effects of science on ecology - as they should. In other words the supposed most "rational" means of measuring reality then itself has a built in psychological bias. This led me to develop my own philosophy that is, as it is called, "gallow's humor."

So also even for qigong training - I think to be an "advanced" healer then does require very special circumstances to do the training - as the qigong master states - to go on "retreat" - (i.e. a monastery for 3 months) or to live in Nature. So qigong master Chunyi Lin http://springforestqigong.com told me to just focus on qigong for healing. To control the qi is actually dangerous - as we recently learned of the death of Master Jiang Feng while he was doing qigong healing. So as qigong master Jim Nance told me http://guidingqi.com - every day is a "life and death struggle."

So the best that I can recommend for you is to try getting "phone healings" as to experience the Shen-Emptiness healing energy directly is a very rare and wonderful experience. And then to appreciate this experience and then build on it - to keep training and building up the energy - this is an even more rare experience.

For me personally  - I have "experimented" and "dabbled" in both science and qigong - and so I have taken a broad, interdisciplinary approach to both realms. As Master Yan Xin qigong master stated, qigong is the "highest technology of all technologies." This is quite a paradox, again, in terms of entropy of ecology on Earth from modern technology based on science, in contrast to qigong as a nonwestern healing using ecology as its inspiration. So I think this is a case of the opposite extremes then dialectically overlapping and harmonizing in the Emptiness. I can not claim to be "successful" at either qigong nor science - and yet I have had a lot of fun investigating these realms.

So I guess I am more of a "trickster" stuck in the lower "tantric" realm of these subjects - of science and qigong meditation. I guess I have been "downwardly mobile" in my life - ironically - a luxury I have been able to afford. Like someone paying extra to have their jeans ripped at the local Mall store.

For example in quantum physics there are some 30 different "interpretations" of the model. I have my own bias but it does not really matter as I do not "practice" science. I merely look on and make occasional interventions - emails - to professors who are somewhat obligated to answer my questions or comments. And so my master's degree was in an interdisciplinary field - Liberal Studies - and even there I was spread "thin" as it were. Also I was involved in academia only in the sense of protesting the corporate control of the University research. I've never had any publication in an academic journal. haha.

As of late actually I have been meditating at only a minimal level but when I do go to my "forest" retreat land then I am able to meditate a bit more. But then I have obligations here with my family - and actually this requires doing healing. Doing qigong as PREVENTATIVE healing is the best modality - as the energy is subtle. But it seems that a pound of prevention is worth 1000 pounds of treating an energy blockage after it physically dominates the body-mind. So my point is that when I go away to meditate indepth then I am less able to do preventative healing with my family. So then I return and am required to do healing after the onset of serious symptoms.

So really the irony is that the more we meditate then we have to learn to turn our results increasingly over to the Emptiness to do the work for us. Our minds as left-brain dominance are a kind of addiction. So the internet is a kind of psychic black hole. My highest level of meditation was before I ever posted in any meditation forum or blog or website, etc. on the interwebs. haha.

Thanks again,


No comments:

Post a Comment