Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Roxul Ordered after White Trash Foyer "completed" Subconsciously was based on Ghost Ranch Sundwelling Unit

Were u reading my blog? haha. I spent 3 nights in the teepee-tent and the clay silica dust was damaging. So also I need sound proofing and fire proofing (for the straw adobe). So I JUST ordered Roxul. It has next to no dust since it is very dense - so also I guess any dust is not that irritating. So also it is good insulation. Yeah pricey but could be a huge help. This huge Flicker had me fooled - I thought it was a big rodent that had moved into the straw of the teepee-tent. haha. Nope - just the Flicker hoping around on the tent at night - and making those weird African jungle safari sounds in the tree. It likes to take a dip in my "moat" where I dug out the clay by the teepee-tent. Yeah - my dreams are much more vivid on the land - away from electromagnetic pollution. Also did "earthing" meditation - on the clay ground. yeah - just can't "brush off" that dry clay off my pants. haha. Didn't realize the stuff causes silicosis.

I built this "white trash foyer" as a greenhouse south-facing entrance. It is just left over - acrylic ceiling panels, another plastic mesh thing - big fiberglass flexible mesh - a dumpster dived window shade and a window - the big plexiglass I put high up so it catches the sun. So I get passive solar heating - that the adobe soaks up. But the floor of the teepee-tent with the thick adobe walls up 3 feet high - it's practically geothermal. haha. 55 degrees when I keep the sleeping bag door "closed." The first night I had just a thin blanket - in shorts - so I had to do serious Tummo Quick fire breathing to stay warm. Also fasting - so no "meat heat." haha. Yeah the "bird orchestra" was AMAZING on Saturday morning. Also I installed this little "Hobbit hobo hovel hermitage" door. You have to BOW to get into the Foyer. haha. The framing is not "air tight" to say the least - and just different scraps of wood - oh and the broken metal well hole digger is my "foundation" post for structural support.

Doing my research on this - I rediscovered what, as a kid, I used to stare at and ponder, while I stayed at Ghost Ranch, numerous times

I'm talking about that googlebooks review of Popular Science on the SunDwelling. I accidentally recreated that design without realizing it! haha.

I used to be fascinated by those ADobe houses at Ghost Ranch - and stare at the design. It must have "sunk in."

https://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/passive-solar-cabins-zmaz77jazgoe

Another article on the Ghost Ranch Sundwellings. Of course as  kid, I had no idea what was "special" about these designs. I didn't realize it was based on letting OUT the cold air (through the bottom) and the hot air in through the top. That is exactly what the Teepee-Tent does as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment