Thursday, November 21, 2019

my "academia" site description and the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser vid

https://independent.academia.edu/hempeldrew

Early focus on music Eco-philosophy Orthodox Pythagoreanism, then radical ecology activism with initiation into qigong enlightenment to finish my master's degree at University of Minnesota in Fall of 2000.

Academia is a fake academic business site to link researchers - so they always spam you to buy access. There are some real academics on the site and some cranks like me. haha.

Unlike researchgate - there is no stipulation of "official" affiliation to some institution, etc.

 https://arxiv.org/ also has "official" affiliation stipulations but not its competitor - http://fqxi.org

So then Academia.edu sends me notices claiming I have been "cited" in other papers and they want you to pay to see your citations. People have complained about this marketing trick since apparently the citations are not accurate.

But then I guess some people have PAID for it since I was notified about people confirming that I had cited them in my research - and that they had then read my research to see my citation of their work.

So anyway - kind of a fun networking site for geeks I guess.

I had someone discover my research from that site and so they were reading my blog - only I didn't know that is how they discovered my research. Then we had a friend staying at our house who had family from the same town - a small town - that had been reading my blog. So I figured it must have been her family checking up on me. haha. NOPE - just an amazing synchronicity that around the same time she visited someone else from the same small town of her family was also reading my blog.

  Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser vid - excellent

No comments:

Post a Comment