Thursday, May 30, 2019

EcoEcho Spring Forest photos: The meditation khuti and more!

So I cut out the bottom of this Kelty Camp Cabin. It was a tent I bought a couple years ago but the design was experimental and discontinued. One of the poles had broke already and I got it repaired at REI but that required a lot of driving. The zipper also busted and I could repair it. But instead I left the tent up over the winter with a tarp over it - and the snow destroyed the poles. So here I McGyvered the poles and cut off the cordage and tied it up to the Wilderness Lodge tarp cords - PRESTO - a Meditation Khuti tent.

Khuti is the term in Theraveda Buddhism - originally they just used their huge umbrellas as a makeshift tent - in southeast asia - the wandering monks. So here I cut out the tent floor so I get the direct Yin Qi Earthing or Grounding. It's gotta dry out and maybe some more grass will grow back.


I showed this to my mom and she said Bloodroot and I said - oh yeah! and I looked it up - yep. These are prolific in the mini-forest and they're native to the area.



does anyone know what this is? I know it's pretty. I'm still looking it up.


I need to identify this shroom also.


I have my shroom book for the Midwest - so it should be pretty easy.

I guess this is just a violet as the color of its flower.

This is the tropical songbird nest that I discovered with the bird building it. We looked at each other. Then the next day it was a long cold rain all night. The day after it was sunny and the bird was back at building the nest. I'm not sure what kind of bird yet - I think maybe a Vireo. The nest is only 7 feet high and about 10 feet from my tipi.


I got 30% recharge onto the generator even though it was partly cloudy! that's cuz these are old skool cells - the newer ones don't work as well in low light conditions. When it was super bright sun then I didn't turn on the charger controller and the generator got over-charged by the solar panels! Oops. But it recovered.


On a rainy day then I used the Silverfire Survivor Rocket Stove that only requires twigs to generator a lot of heat. The wax was smoking so I left the door open on the rocket stove to cool down the fire.

So it's not much of a work station but I had experimented with a clay-horse manure- lime concoction as a floor. It still was not dry but it also stopped any sparks. That back plastic floor offgases a lot of toxic fumes - so luckily it was windy that day and the windows are open in the back for a cross breeze. The drill is on the logs. So I just reach over the wax - after I drill the logs and inoculate with sawdust spawn.


No comments:

Post a Comment