Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Simplest is the Most Powerful: Music as Meditation: Koerner, Ray and Glover

I started lessons at 5 but my relative says her teacher was amazed that I would sit for an hour at age 3 - just quietly listening to my relative's lessons. haha. Then I did a senior year high school "concert" memorizing Bach's Italian Concerto in F, a Mozart Sonata, Brahms and also I performed John Cage for "prepared" piano and my own compositions. I hacked my way through the concert. At that time I had already played punk hardcore noise, jazz, blues, sang in choirs, and then a year later I rejected Western music. I did play free jazz with a street flutist - we made cassette recordings - somehow they got reviewed in Germany. Oh I know - a Mpls. musician buddy went there.

Anyway I was, since high school, a secret Pythagorean mystic, connecting music to the secret harmony of the Universe. So I did my master's thesis on "sound-current nondualism" and I had discovered how Daoism is based on music theory, also the "three gunas" of India (their oldest philosophy). So now I meditate but secretly it is actually music. So then I discovered Fields medal math professor Alain Connes realized how music theory models the harmony of the Universe - and that confirmed my research. But he is stuck in Western music - he performs Chopin on piano or practices it. haha. So Western music uses the wrong music tuning - the symmetric math from logarithms that caused the ecological crisis, as Albert Bartlett points out. Yeah I have free pdf books on this but my blog goes into it more. No one can understand this stuff. It is too abstract. It is very simple yet very radical. We have to "unlearn" the Western symmetric math. Music is mass mind control. Western musicians are basically "technicians."

That's why I could not "perform" for the Brazilian tourists. haha. But Fred actually hauled a piano into a cabin - out in the middle of nowhere. Pretty funny. I don't play piano as I have no interest in Western music tuning but I still LISTEN to western music as there is no escape really. But I do so more as a trance thing. I have playlists on my channel - the SAME song over and over. I performed Ravel's 2nd movement in G major - of his concerto in G - and also the 2nd movement of Bach's Italian Concerto - they are SLOW. It is slow trance so it synchronizes the heart with the brain - alpha brain waves. I listen to those over and over as playlists for increased serotonin bliss to synchronize the brain waves. I had an eEG and the nurse exclaimed: Your alpha brain waves are realy strong! So I realized that was from memorizing the 2nd movement of Bach's Italian Concerto. Music training on instrument from before the age of 7 - it causes a dramatically increased corpus callosum to connect the right and left brain. So then after I finished my master's degree doing intensive "music" meditation - there are 12 nodes along the body-mind as the "small universe" meditation.

So you practice the 12 note music scale but as infinite energy resonance. I did that and had an "enlightenment experience" at age 29 - and I saw ghosts and smelled cancer and I traveled back in time 70,000 years. haha. In other words, that's what the original humans did and still do, the San Bushmen - this infinite energy resonance from music trance healing. So I got into BLUES music while in high school via Koerner Ray and Glover. I was singing them up north remembering how I sang them while I worked in Alaska to keep time as work music in the salmon factory - to process the salmon timed to the flippers in the factory line. With my two female friends from high school. And so I wondered if Koerner Ray and Glover were still being listened to or around. I saw "Spider" John Koerner walking down the Mississippi road - and I was on bicycle and so I sang his music as I passed him - it was a "HOller" - old skool blues. But he is White so he felt a bit embarrassed that he sang that kind of music. But he inspired the British blues music.

  helped one guy training for his first Iditarod - but he just had me blow torch the dog houses - to kill off vermin. Dave Allen. I didn't talk to him much. Our homestead did the Iditarod but mainly sold dogs and he led sled dogs up Denali. We lived just south of Denali, just west of Petersville - on a gravel road - closest phone was 2 miles away. Cabin had no insulation. The homesteader built it. We were supposed to stay all winter. We got him our annual dividend as wood - so he had fuel. Then we split. haha. We were getting to "acclimated" - and living in a small cabin, smelling like smoke all the time. We both went back to college. But I was feral after that. Flush toilets just never were the same. 4 months - bear tracks EVERYWHERE. Didn't dare go "strolling" into the woods. If I did go anywhere in the woods I was always yelling Hey Bear! haha. Saw Moose on our dog trail so the homesteader got his gun, since moose stomp the dogs. I did some "trail blazing" in showshoes around the bogs - amazingly didn't get lost. Denali was the most amazing view but in the winter the sun never got over the tree line at the worst of it - go back down around 1:30 pm haha.

 yes we made the claim for the "earliest crossing of the Talkeetna" - sliding on our bellies. Then Fred Agree found a trapper he know - frozen, after falling in, a week or two later. That's what he told us at least. I had no reason to not believe him. But still it's all characters living up there.

 Fred put a small piano in our cabin and then tried to get me to "perform" when he showed up with a Brazilian couple that he took out with the sled dogs. They were FREEZING and no way was I gonna be some musical monkey. haha. He must have been pissed. But oh well.

 Spider John Koerner interview

No comments:

Post a Comment