Friday, January 17, 2020

Unboxing the "Ultimate DuluthFlex Fire Hose Overalls" designed by Duluth Trading Co.

Duluth Trading vid on the overalls I just got for my b-day

So TWO button options for sizing the sides of the overalls! Wow.

Flexible canvas - for easier moving. Yep.

17 pockets!!

Including a side cargo pocket for fast access to nails and gear...

NOpe - this one doesn't have the cargo pocket - so they must have gotten rid of it.

Crouch Gusset - that's the specialty of Duluth Trading - "gives you extra room where it counts."

 Crouch Gusset® means no binding when you crouch or lunge

So the loop in the back to hang up the overalls. Good to know!

They're loaded with 16 handy pockets placed to keep a toolbox's-worth of gear readily at hand.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-bib-overalls-46219.html

So now they have 16 pockets - meaning they got rid of that side cargo pocket.

 front organizer pockets and side leg tool pouches
Now for the reviews!
 He also loves the knee pads that slip in. No more straps behind the knees!
Hmm...
 the shoulder straps on the overalls constantly loosen.
Seems like you could just PIN the straps! No big deal.
 The elastic shoulder straps on these constantly have to be readjusted. The shoulder straps and the adjustment buckle are similar to what would be on child's clothing. I was very disappointed in these in comparison to other reputable brands of overalls. Also I would consider these to be more of a light duty clothing. If you're looking for a pair of work overalls, look elsewhere, if you want to look like a working man and just like wearing overalls, these may be for you, but your gonna be adjusting the shoulder straps all day long!
Yep that's me!
 The new strap buckle break as often as the old buckle, In the last year I purchase about 14 pair of Duluth overalls and had 4 buckle failures.
 hmmm...
  the straps keep popping off I've tried everything and the only thing that works is using electrical tape to keep them from popping off other than that they fell great and very comfortable.


 Wow - fascinating.

the 2 part buckles break very easily. We have had to return 3 pair in the past 6 months. The non flex bibs have a solid buckle. Why not put them in the flex ones too? They also should not use the stretchy elastic straps. As another reviewer said they have to constantly be adjusted.
Well the straps in my Colonel Dickies overalls - I have to use a cross-connection to keep them on. 
  One down side and unfortunately it has become a deal breaker for me after purchasing two pair - the shoulder straps. They would be 5 stars for me but the shoulder straps don't even come close to wearing as long as the the rest of the bib. They are elastic and will stretch when you bend over however...... they loose their elasticity way too fast and CONTINUALLY need to be adjusted. It is actually frustrating to continually adjust the straps - takes your mind off what you are doing. The comfort of wearing bibs goes away.
So ...
 they are more wind resistant than denim so they work great for riding my harley in the cool weather, but yet they are not hot to wear.
It seems a little spandex goes a long way!
  The Duluth Flex Fire Hose are the best fit, most durable, and most comfortable overalls I have ever owned. I recommend them to everyone. They are half the weight of everyone else's and they are more durable. I remove concrete day in and day out. They are as tough as our job. Like concrete, they don't come apart easy.
So no reported strap problem!
 Great tape measure loop on side also great for a hammer or small pipe wrench
 and...
 I love my bibs, 2 pair of each color. Wear them every day. The pockets. Oh, my. The pockets are grand. But when I walked I to Duluth Trading Company to get them I was wearing stonewashed blue With solid straps, having already shunned a brown-bib elastic-strap Company. I'm trying to say that these overalls are superior, in my opinion, to The Brown Work Pants company.
So I guess Carhartt's have an elastic strap also...
 The only downside is these DO NOT have pockets on the legs like the last edition. All the other bibs have cargo pockets but these. I would like Duluth to return to the cargo pockets in the future.
confirmed...
 The Only reason i didn't give them 5 stars is due to the Elastic straps. You have to constantly re-adjust them. I fixed that with a safety pin. Second issue is the elastic straps don't hold up as long as i think they should. They should last as long as the fabric. I wear several styles of your Overalls, and the only issue i have ever had are the strap adjustments, slippage and the buckles breaking. Probably 2 out 6 pair. Work on those issues and and you'll have a 5 star Product!
 Like I said - just pin the strap sliding thing.

I bought a 36 x 30 and the straps are long enough to fit someone that's 7' tall! I'm 5'-8" and I have to take them all the way up and I could stand to go up another 1/2"- 1". I'm going to have to have them altered so that I can use them appropriately. Someone did not think this all the way through. Other than this, I love my overalls!
 Wow - just like Colonel Dickies overalls - there is a strange maladjustment of strap to length ratio...
  I could buy two pairs of Dickies work pants for the price of one of Duluth's pairs but the right knee would tear in a year. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Duluth-vs-Carhartt-/5-1975416/
  I like my Duluth bibs more than my carhartts.
OK I put them in the wash on cold since I was starting to feel a rash setting in from whatever toxic chemicals were used to waterproof the garmet....

Yes my Dickies overalls are all torn up from use....and it has not been a year yet I don't think...


 A year ago someone said the clips break. Someone else said the newer overalls have newer buckles. I'll check to see if the clips are the same or improved...

This new style is a poor design compared to the old style, no cargo pockets, no pocket flaps to protect items in your pocket, no front top zipper and fewer smaller pockets. One improvement is a better strap buckles that may not break, (the old buckles would break ),
 Ah so they got rid of the cargo pocket but improved the buckles! A trade off.

Two days ago, I received the newest Duluth catalog....ALL of the pants, (jeans included), are IMPORTED.
I contacted Duluth by phone, and they verified this fact.
I got a pair of Duluth pants that were made in Kentucky! But I guess no more!!

 Swamp Fox Bibs - made in USA - but cost $400 and says "sold out" - vid

Adjustable elastic shoulder straps
 hmm. Yeah I actually like the elastic straps but we'll see how they hold up.

Carhartt - still 10% produced in US - vid comparison to Duluth vid

So Duluth still has some made in USA products...

Ah so that big reviewed said to get rid of the cargo pocket! Also said to get rid of the flaps on the pockets!





No comments:

Post a Comment