Thursday, April 18, 2019

Zeno's Quiver: The coverup of Noncommutative phase as the "bait and switch" music theory origin of irrational magnitude Greek Miracle western science

So is Math prof. Emeritus Joe Mazur's new book published yet?
Zeno's Quiver: The Story of Time and Its Effects on Our Lives. By Joe Mazur. (Yale University Press, 2019; Rights sold in China and Italy; remaining translation.
Strange - doesn't seem to be released yet.

So I contacted professor Mazur about his book "Euclid in the Rainforest" - and he was nice enough about my critique of Western science, so I mentioned my music-math research. He then encouraged me to pursue this enquiry - to follow up on my research into Borzacchini - specifically on David Fowler. So then I found the quote from David Fowler stating that he though "music theory" would solve how continued proportions were turned into irrational magnitude math.  https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/09/no-really-complex-numbers-are-from.html

So I had sent my music-math equation to math prof. Borzacchini in Italy. I had a dream of the equation. I quick scribbled it down. Then I mailed off the scribbled note to Italy - snail mail around 2002. He was nice enough to respond that my math "was good" but there was no historical proof that this equation had been used.

So Mazur then said my research was very important and he encouraged me to submit it. I did but it was promptly dismissed. See I was critiquing Western math as a WHOLE but I had not read Alain Connes yet - and so I didn't realize the answer was noncommutative phase logic, that also critiques the whole of Western math.

Anyway last I corresponded with math professor Mazur, he said he was going to include a chapter on music and time perception in his new book. I encouraged him to discuss precognition! Something that materialistic Western science has been quick to dismiss but something I know to be very real!!

 So I was just reviewing my research, as per other people reading my research (that inspires me to reread my own research)....

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/03/on-difference-between-pythagorean-comma.html

On this blog post - I did not realize that when Math professor Borzacchini sets up the music ratios for the harmonic mean and the arithmetic mean - he is revealing the Noncommutative Phase logic origin that got covered up!! So in other words the ratio 6:8:9:12 is actually not just a multiplication from 1:2:3:4 but in fact is a cover up of the noncommutative phase ratios.

The arithmetic mean in one octave 12:6 can be easily recognized in the fourth 12:9 or 8:6, in fact 12 - 9 = 9 - 6 (such as C-F). The harmonic mean in one octave 12:6 can be easily recognized in the fifth 12:8 or 9:6, in fact 12-8 : 12 = 8-6 : 6 (such as C-G). 
Notice how he just throws in the intervals with no recognition that they are noncommutative to each other!! In other words 0 to 9 is 3/4 and so can not be C to F since it would not allow the geometric magnitude to be created as the octave.

So that is BEFORE I read the research of Richard McKirahan on Philolaus stating that the 4/3 is derived from 8/6 using the 1 or root tonic as 0 to 6.  But as Borzacchini points out the "arithmetic mean" equation that Archytas uses relies on the Perfect Fourth  as the arithmetic mean as 12/9 as C to F while 9 - 6 is actually the Perfect Fifth as C to G. So Borzacchini states (C-F). This is the whole point of the Bait and Switch - the geometry logic goes against the arithmetic logic and vice versa - but this is "covered up."

So back to Mazur and my music math equation. What I did was show the major third 5/4 and minor sixth 8/5 as then the solution to approximating the doubling of the cube through irrational geometry (the cube root = 5/4)... anyway I would have to look up the specific equation and explanation. It's online somewhere or in my 2012 book.

But the point is that again the "bait and switch" is in action. Something I did not even notice! If I had pointed this out in my math paper - then maybe the mathematicians would have taken notice.

Interview with Joe Mazur, math prof emeritus - youtube

I suppose he's still working on the book!!
 
Mathematician and author of FLUKE Joe Mazur's ZENO'S QUIVER: The Story of Time ......
OK it says FINAL MANUSCRIPT WINTER 2019.

So that is either "december" - end of the year? or January - beginning of the year? (February)....

Anyway I guess will find out...

It's already "sold." ....to the publisher.

I can't remember if I mentioned noncommutative phase logic to Professor Mazur or not... probably not....


music theory is actually about UNlearning and instead listening. For example Jonathan Goldman, a "sound healer," has a new book called the "Humming Effect." I have not read it - just the free googlebook preview sections. But he has a quantum section in there. I sent him my research and his assistant/collaborator responded - an "overtone" singer.

So humming is pretty natural or whistling - just not even real whistling. When people are younger - they sing naturally from Motherese. It's proven the mother talks in "sing-eese" or sing-song - to the baby. So the voice is naturally based on octaves. There is a biologist or neuroscientist - has a book on "the biology of music" or something. So it's proven that "sad" music and "happy" music and "scary" music are universal emotions in music - understood even if a culture has never heard "western" music (happy is major, sad is minor and scary is tritone or diminished).

So EVERY human culture uses the octave as 1:2 and the Perfect Fifth (yang) as 3:2 and the Perfect Fourth as 4:3 (yin) to create the 10,000 things.

But when we get a Westernized education we are learning math and logic based on symmetry due to the WRONG music theory! Of course we are not told that Western math (like the Pythagorean theorem) is from the WRONG music theory!

So someone comes along and talks about music theory and you say - "I don't know music theory" - but you do! The square root of two is from 9/8 as the major 2nd tone that is cubed as the tritone (scary sound). Of course we don't learn the Pythagorean theorem this way but in fact that is the true origin of the square root of two, from the major 2nd music interval.

So in fact 9/8 is from 3/2 (squared) and then "halved" back into the same "octave." So in Daoist harmonics that "operation" or algorithm DOES NOT TAKE PLACE. So that algorithm already assumes a geometric continuum based on symmetric logic of ratios.

So this is a DEEP "pre-established disharmony - to quote math prof. Luigi Borzacchini. So we don't even realize we were taught the WRONG music theory - and yet that's why we don't understand Daoist yin-yang-Emptiness harmonics.

So with music as complementary opposites - then the Single Perfect Yang is the Perfect Fifth as pitch but it is also 2/3 and 3/2 at the SAME TIME as subharmonic and overtone harmonic at the same time. So this is what the West tries to call nonlinear systems theory - but again "systems theory" ALREADY assumes the logarithmic symmetric math - commutative logic.

So in fact what is required is a lot of UNlearning. You already know music theory without realizing it and it's the WRONG music theory. haha. Just study the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality - and that is the music theory of the body-mind-spirit-Emptiness. Or the book Foundations of Internal Alchemy - Wang Mu - Pregadio explicitly states that the microcosmic orbit/Small universe meditation IS FROM MUSIC THEORY!! haha.

So back to the synergy example - in Chinese Daoist harmonics the "octave" does not equal 2 as the "same" doubling. So you create the scale from the Perfect Fifth as yang and then the PErfect Fourth as yin. You keep alternating - yang-yin-yang-yin, etc. But you STOP before reaching the next octave at the 12th note. Why? Well there is no NEED for Western harmonics because there is no NEED to "contain" the octave as a geometric symmetry!!  So the numbers keep expanding and contracting as a spiral that is actually formless, that can only be listened to.

So the "music" scale is just a modal scale without the need nor desire for harmonic chords that are all equalized and interchangeable as standardized PARTS. On the contrary -


No comments:

Post a Comment