Sunday, July 29, 2018

Dr. Leroy Little Bear: Metaphysics (embodied thinking) of Blackfoot Nation and quantum physics

thanks! I did not know of Leroy Little Bear. I will listen to his youtube, etc. Greenpeace sent me out to Inila Wakan, at Pine Ridge Reservation ,1996, and he showed me creeks that he said were polluted from uranium mining. In 1994 I got arrested, the first time, protesting against nuclear waste being stored on the Mississippi river, at a Dakota reservation. There were native drummer-singers there. I had a wild experience as I held the door open, before the security could get to it - so we all could get into the nuclear utility office. Then in the stairway - suddenly I heard the native singing coming out of me - haha. I think it was from seeing the hawk circling over the drumming-singing in downtown Minneapolis. Also I did now know - not until I googled my dad's name in 2000 - did I discover he had been a lawyer for the same nuclear power company, and he was part of the "win". The state of MN had wanted to regulate the radiation emissions at a "stricter" standard than the federal level. Since my dad had been the assistant attorney general for the state, of course the nuclear utility hired him, along with others. Since nuclear power is basically controlled by the military, of course the utility "won" - and I was just being born. In celebration, of his win, my dad flew us down to Puerto Rico for vacation when I was just 2 months old. haha. Of course - again I had no idea he had been their lawyer, when I got arrested in 1994 and then at another protest - this cop tore my sign out of my hands. I asked my dad to help file a first amendment lawsuit - so he paid the lawyer who got me out of jail - I think it was $150. But then we never heard back from the lawyer - and I had no witnesses. haha. Oh well - so much for the "law." Yeah the law of Mother Nature is the real law. Jim Nance, the qigong master, says his grandmother was part Blackfoot - and he was raised by her and they sat in silence during his whole youth. He didn't talk much at all. He had an intense youth since his parents are union activists - and so he went though a lot. But he told me how he was born with special abilities - he didn't realize until later.

 Leroy Little Bear (“What’s Einstein got to do with it?”). These works are not academically rigorous; they have a romantic view of history and constantly assume that spiritual beliefs are a “kind of science”. Little Bear even argues that aboriginal people before contact had an understanding of the theory of relativity, a modern advancement in physics. He seems to think that this knowledge was possible to acquire without even having the benefit of a rudimentary numbering system. http://blogs.mtroyal.ca/fwiddowson/tag/leroy-little-bear/ 

This critique is hilarious - because Fields Medal math professor Alain Connes says the secret of the Universe is from music theory as (2, 3, infinity). That's it! In other words - nonlinear harmonic oscillations require only a simple counting system as music - but the secret is NOT the same as Western music theory.

 Blackfoot Metaphysics: Dr. Leroy Little Bear

Indigenous Knowledge and Western Science: Dr. Leroy Little Bear Talk

“Canada is a Pretend Nation”

Leroy Little Bear:
"In the Native metaphysics, it's about flux. It's about constant motion, other words, an overlap with quantum physics. In quantum physics we talk about probabilities. In Native science, nothing is for certain. Everything is always changing. Everything is always in constant motion. That's one of the foundational bases. In Native Science, we're not about "matter," we're not about "particles." We are about energy waves. In other words, you and I are simply combinations of different energy waves that make for our existence. When we pass away, those energy waves, in other words, that particular combination, is no longer in existence. You're no longer in existence: the waves are still there.

In Native thought, everything about is about being alive. Everything is animate, compared to Western thought,e verything is inanimate, except of course for you and I. Everything is animate in the Native world, that's why we talk about All My Relations. All my relations, is not talking about my human relations. I'm talking about those rocks out there, those trees out there, those birds and animals out there, those stars. There all my relations. In other words it's that ecological relational network, that I'm referring to, when we're talking about All My Relations. Everything is animate.

All my relations, everything is considered. Nothing is left out. We draw from a broad spectrum of information, when we're talking about all my relations.

One of the things about Native Science, Native Thought, is Renewal. In our ceremonies you will find that, most of our ceremonies are about renewal. We sing the same songs, we tell the same stories, we do the same ceremonies, year in, year out. And we never change those stories. O.K.? We've even got to telling the same jokes, you know? But the thing is that renewal has a lot of implications for education. Because in education and the way we've organized our schools, and our universities, is such that "hey we start down here, and we come up in a hierarchical way, and so one." In grade 3 and ask a grade 1 question? You should have known that! That's a Grade 1 thing! You should have known that a long time ago, get with the program! They say. Well, that's what we mean by, I refer to it as, "been there done, did that."

Whereas in Native ways, we always retell our stories. We repeat them. That's how they sink in and become embodied in the students and in the people. But another perspective on renewal is that we as humans live in a very narrow spectrum of ideal conditions. Those ideal conditions have to be there, for us to exist. That's why it's very important about ecology. The relationship. If those ideal conditions are not there, you and I, are not going to last for very long. Just text Neanderthal. Ok? Ask the dinosaurs. What happened to them? We asked, we asked one of our elders: Why did those dinosaurs disappear? He thought about it for awhile and he said, "Maybe they didn't do their ceremonies." OK?

So the thing is, we have to do those things, in other words, try and maintain those factors, those conditions, that make for our existence. And it seems like, we're working towards our own extinction, by changing everything. And that's something we can never understand from a Blackfoot point of view. If God's work is so beautiful, why do we come along and try to change it all? Something that doesn't make sense to us.

But renewal is a very very important thing. And just eliminate something. Stop breathing for 20 minutes. Do you think you'll be alive for very long? I don't think so. In other words, if we change any of those ideal conditions we're not going to be around very long. So the renewal aspect from the Blackfoot perspective, says Hey! If we're going to continue to live, we need to maintain those factors, that make for our existence. So Native science really is directed at sustainability." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_txPA8CiA4
Native science is about sustainability. We exist in a very narrow gap, as we mentioned. The Fish, for instance. Nobody's talked about the Fish, in this congress, not that I know of. But the fish have been around, way before the Dinosaurs, way before the Neanderthals, Way before our time, the fish is still around. I wonder what scientific formula the fish has discovered. We should ask the fish. They survived.
Could it be that our left brain metaphysics is increasingly leading us to being "tech schools"....wandering further and further from our original mandate....the pursuit of knowledge. Is that really what we want to be? Blackfoot Metaphysics is waiting in the wings.
This is VERY STRANGE - I was recently "accused" (haha) of being repetitive - and I literally referred to Native cultures and also to the Paddlefish - and in the context of sustainability - and I made fun of "tech" culture. In other words I said the EXACT same thing as Dr. Leroy Little Bear. It was almost some kind of precognitive trance state.




No comments:

Post a Comment