Sunday, March 24, 2024

Only the Right Hemisphere Hears: Super Fascinating Split Brain research video: Michael S. Gazzaniga

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLzP1VCANo

I cited this research in my 2012 free book - but I had no idea there was a vid about it! Wow - the scientist talking is the person I cited. 

 great question! I cite this research in my 2012 free book "Alchemy of Rainbow Heart" music -

 Only sometimes the right brain draws a composite of two different words – that had been seen by both the left and right brains. Each hemisphere on its own can integrate information while the left hemisphere uses words and the right hemisphere just listens and sees. The left hemisphere of the brain will lie – make up stories as false memories – about the right hemisphere of the brain when the right hemisphere perceives something that the left hemisphere can not. Michael S. Gazzaniga, “The Split Brain Revisited: Groundbreaking work that began more than a quarter of a century ago has led to ongoing insights about brain organization and consciousness” Scientific American, 2002

 bell was only shown to the right brain....so how did the right brain passed that info to the right hand?

 his left brain has concocted a story about why his right brain saw the bell.

 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaxpujmz7Q07hZW-16TXPQQkwa3gPYAvI

 When I listen to new music I listen to the instruments, then pick out the words later. I had a dream one night that was very confusing, a week or so later I decided to listen to a song I had been listening too off and on and listen to the lyrics this time, to my shock the lyrics described the dream I had. Somewhere in my head some part of my brain was listening to the lyrics even though I personally was not, and it manifested into a dream. That still blows my mind.

 Music is proven to significantly increase the size of the corpus callosum if you train on an instrument seriously before age 9.

 the right hemisphere is the Maximizer! fascinating. The left hemisphere is always trying to be correct via probability guessing to discover the pattern.

The human corpus callosum DECREASES in SIZE compared to chimpanzees and other primates... so the human brain has become more LOCALIZED in functioning - yet for MUSICIANS who train on an instrument before age 9 there is a significant INCREASE in the corpus callosum to integrate the right and left brains!



























No comments:

Post a Comment