Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Mike's Guarantee for Total Gym Skeleton Training Program (Vincent B. Bocchicchio on Slow Maximum Resistance Training)

 "If you do these exercises for this rep range, this set, and this frequency - using these Total Gyms sliding bench trainer - I almost guarantee that you will definitely build and tone, tighten, strengthen your arms in ways that will honestly, I think, in my opinion, at least for myself, far surpass anything that you were doing in the gym."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7TlXBYA-0 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziKSWaVZ2BA

40 to 60 mn a week limit of resistance training for optimal benefits....After 90 minutes a week - the long term benefits decrease.... so 20 minutes x 4 days should be the schedule. But the two meta-analysis did NOT take into account different age groups..

 High Intensity Interval Training By Dr. Ben - he uses the Total Gym!!

He, Dr. Ben (Vincent) Bocchicchio, says you don't have to use up all your glycogen but only a RATE CHANGE in the use of glycogen - and so the Type II muscles will then start burning fat. This is mimicking the "Fight or Flight" response from our ancient hunter-gathers living.

And it dumps stored fatty acids back into your metabolism so you are NOT hungry after exercising!

Vincent B. Bocchicchio is his academic published name. I found two studies posted by him. No citations of his work. S.Ma.R.T (Slow Maximum Resistance Training)

 

Dr. Ben went on to earn a master’s degree in exercise sciences from Florida Atlantic University, a doctorate in exercise physiology from North American University, and a doctorate in health services, with a specialization in physical exercise, from Walden University.

Strangely North American University advertises as only offering bachelor and master's degrees - NOT a Ph.D.

What is North American University known for?
North American University (NAU) is a private and non-profit institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees.

https://www.na.edu/?s=exercise+physiology+degree

NO  Results. I tried two different searches.

 https://www.waldenu.edu/online-doctoral-programs/phd-in-health-services

Walden is an ONLINE Ph.D. ???!! crazy!!

 From Amazon reviews:

One quick story... My son was home for summer vacation recently. He is 20, and just spent a year in an intense body building program. He spends 2.5 hours in the gym 6 days a week lifting weights, consumes huge amounts of protein, takes creatine, does pre-work out amino acids, etc etc. The results are impressive... his body is chiseled. He has good naturedly teased me about my twice weekly 20 minute routines on the Total Gym. At a family picnic last week, he challenged me to an arm wrestling match, something I haven't done for 20 years. To the complete and utter shock of both of us and everyone watching, I won!.

..........

  The healthiest guy I know who is my age has had a Total Gym for 25 years, so I got one cheap from Craigslist. Best thing I could have done! I love it and combine it with resistance bands when I need more resistance than it can provide alone.

The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolic rate will be and the faster you can burn calories throughout the day, even when you are not exercising. Many people find that after a crash diet they gain all of the weight back, and then some. The reason is during this type of diet, you lose almost the same amount of muscle as you do fat. At the end, you are left with less muscle than when you began, leaving your metabolism at a very low level. Your body has now decreased its ability to burn calories, and the weight comes back on faster than ever. This book helps you avoid that yo-yo effect that discourages so many people.

............

 One quick story... My son was home for summer vacation recently. He is 20, and just spent a year in an intense body building program. He spends 2.5 hours in the gym 6 days a week lifting weights, consumes huge amounts of protein, takes creatine, does pre-work out amino acids, etc etc. The results are impressive... his body is chiseled. He has good naturedly teased me about my twice weekly 20 minute routines on the Total Gym. At a family picnic last week, he challenged me to an arm wrestling match, something I haven't done for 20 years. To the complete and utter shock of both of us and everyone watching, I won!

 Bocchicchio says TWO SETS with failure in 60 seconds. So about 15 SLOW reps per set. He does some 6 different exercises per set. So 6 minutes per set and 15 minutes total (with some breaks for a couple minutes). So that's about what I did !!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment