Tuesday, February 27, 2024

My best friend when I was 14 years old was a Parakeet that I got the day out of his nest - as my birthday present

 Wow 40 years almost!! Birds are so similar to humans - and is that his name? Glad he was interested in that change of format! hahahaha. I get the Total Gym soon to transform my fat into more muscle. hahahaha. Usually I FAST to lose fat - as that works really well for meditation. But I need to stick around more for my mom, etc. Yeah basically I was talking about taking my parakeet to college with me - and he was sitting on the oven handle. He liked to hang out in the kitchen with my mom while mom cooked. She would set out a dish of water on the counter - "He was a wonderful bird, absolutely marvelous" - mom says as I type!!

So then I walked through the breakfast room door and I turned around, wondering if he was going to follow me. Our eyes me and then in that moment I turned my head as the swinging door opened and I heard his innocent little wings flapping to join me in love. I look around after hearing his scream of pain and his beak his hanging on my side of the closed swinging door! We rush him to the vet - a few blocks away - the vet says something how surgery is not really possible and he would be in tons of pain and we should put him to sleep.
But in the year that I had him - he would sit on my shoulder in the shower and I built him a house out of legos - to hop around in before he could fly. I built a custom stand for his bird cage - in the living room - we sold that when we sold the house - very nice circular wood shelves - very tall. He loved that. He would sit on the piano music books and EAT the paper while he sang along to the Steinway grand.
We had a grand ole time - I could be in my room and call his name and hear his wings - up the flight of stairs - around one then the other and then the third and then the fourth corner to then land on my shoulder!! hahahaha.
ONE time he had an adventure - my dad gets into the car to drive to work - in the cold winter. He realizes LOUIE is on his shoulder! This was a walk OUTDOORS - but Louie obviously HAD to know where Dad went every morning. Dad walked back inside to the house and Louie did not fly away. HILARIOUS!!!
He loved to dive bomb my dad's bald spot as Dad read his evening mail and papers - in Dad's chair next to Louie's bird cage - and then Louie would pull at Dad's arm hairs. Dad tolerated Louie - and could not help appreciate the charming little creature playing with Dad. Hilarious.
Maybe we had the bird for two years. He was my best friend for sure. One time I got home from school and stuck my hand in the cage for him to jump on and he hopped over and bit me! First and LAST time - he was holding a grudge against me in anger - and I never knew why. Hilarious. I had been gone at school all day and he must have been angry the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment