Yeah John Keel wrote cool books and gave cool talks but I don't trust him.
- Gray Barker: An eccentric writer and publisher from West Virginia who wrote They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers (1956), popularizing the "Men in Black". Later evidence showed he treated UFO lore largely as entertainment and commercial enterprise. [1, 2, 3]
Collaborations and Hoaxes
- The Lost Creek UFO Film: In 1966, Barker and Moseley staged a deliberate UFO hoax. They filmed a ceramic saucer model ("boogie" saucer) held on a fishing pole in front of a car in Lost Creek, West Virginia. Moseley used the footage in lectures and television appearances as a gag prop, while Barker sold copies through his mail-order service. [1]
- Pranks and Retribution: The trio and their peers maintained a tight, cynical inner circle behind the scenes, frequently pulling elaborate satirical stunts on each other and testing the credulity of the broader public UFO community
Barker wrote an article about the Flatwoods monster and flying saucers and submitted it to FATE Magazine, a magazine devoted to paranormal phenomena. According to Wikipedia, FATE was co-founded in 1948 by Raymond A. Palmer (editor of Amazing Stories) and Curtis Fuller. Still in publication today, FATE is now the longest-running magazine devoted to the paranormal.
For Barker, that was fate indeed! His article, “The Monster and the Saucer,” was accepted and published in January 1953.
https://news.lib.wvu.edu/2021/05/25/gray-barker-and-the-men-in-black-they-knew-too-much-about-flying-saucers/
Gray Barker’s book, The Silver Bridge, linked the collapse of the Silver bridge in Point Pleasant with the appearance of the Mothman,
But, as documented in Gabriel Mckee’s The Saucerian: UFOs, Men in Black, and the Unbelievable Life of Gray Barker (The MIT Press, 2025), scaring people would become his meal ticket—and his passion. Barker would grow up to become one of the leading publishers of literature on flying saucers, alien life forms, and the conspiracies that covered them up. And he did it in ALL CAPS.
That Barker hailed from Appalachia, rich in the folklore of angels, devils and tricksters, was not incidental. Science fiction merely updated these archetypes for the atomic age.
In the postwar era, the leading science fiction magazine was Raymond Palmer’s Amazing Stories, whose “hard science” readers were dismayed when he started publishing stories by Richard Shaver, beginning with 1945’s “I Remember Lemuria!” Shaver claimed that below the surface of our planet lived two warring clans of subterranean robots: the Dero, or detrimental robots, who tormented surface people with ray guns, and the benevolent but ineffectual Tero, or integrative robots. Thus was born “The Shaver Mystery.” Amazing Stories even received a letter from someone who claimed he’d fought the Dero in WWII. The lines between hard sci-fi and tales of the paranormal were starting to blur. And it was in that shifting middle ground where Barker would make his home.
John Keel, who gave the Men in Black their name. Keel was also an adept hoaxer, although susceptible to being hoaxed himself. His bestseller The Mothman Prophecies, published nearly a decade later (and which became a 2002 movie starring Richard Gere), is strewn with the residue of hoaxes perpetrated on Keel for over a year by Barker and Moseley, in retribution for a prank Keel pulled on Barker.
I think that military space travel was more advanced soon after World War II due to the Nazi-CIA collaboration....
More National UFO Center "triangle" sightings:
It had a large blinking light at its center on the bottom and three constant glowing lights at each point on the bottom. My camera is shaky so they look like they're blinking. They're not. Only the center light strobed consistently. You could hear a faint low hum like a jet only much quieter. You cannot hear it on the video. It flew very eerily, low, slow, and appeared bigger than our typical fighter jets. It seemed to fly in a somewhat straight direction moving from West to East/Southeast. I've lived in the rural country all my life and I love star gazing and watching aircraft/satellites. We have a nearby municipal airport and military jets fly by often (old and new). I've NEVER seen this before. It was NOT in a V shape or T shape, it was a complete triangle.
.....
Fantastic video of the craft on that link!! But it's way farther than what I saw. My sighting was about 50 feet from me.
Here is someone who similarly had the triangle craft fly low over their yard just like me!!
could hear a wooshing sound like air passing by. I saw the craft lights but the aircraft was unable to be seen. It looked like a backwards triangle with two evenly spaced white lights at the front and one white light at the back, that did not blink. Just stationary white lights. I only heard the craft when it was slowly moving over my backyard. It did not sound like a jet. It was very strange and before it came over my yard and I looked up, my back solar light started growing brighter then dimmed before it glided over my home and again I could not see the craft only the 4 lights in a backwards triangle.
Yeah it's definitely a "metal" body to the TR-3B
there I saw above the tree line, but it wasn’t right above me it was a few miles away but In the air just hovering. It was clear as day a triangle shaped craft, the top was a grayish blue metallic color and the bottom was just black… as I was driving I couldn’t see because the trees were blocking it but as I kept continuing more on the highway I saw it again in the same spot I clearly knew that was not an aircraft. It was very large. It had to be the size of a car even bigger. It was not directly above me though.
a triangular UAP appeared from the left of us, it was telephone pole high and was slowly spinning in a circle while moving to the right slowly. It had no sound to the craft and it had lights on each side of it. It wasn’t going fast and there was cars behind us as well, atleast 5.
At first glance I literally thought it was a plane that lost power and was gliding down. But after observing longer I noticed it was rotating and hovering to the right, it was rotating and hovering slowly. It had a green light on one corner of it and a red one on the other corner. It came from behind trees on the left side of the road &’ ended up headed towards fields on the right.
What’s weird was the lights were very visible like obvious what colors they were but it’s like the lights were just there. The lights didn’t travel anywhere. It was as high as the telephone poles and right in front on my windshield view. Me and my daughter drew images of what the craft looked like to us, I drew mine in the living room, she drew hers in her room. Our drawings matched with how to craft looked. My boyfriend claims he heard it making a buzzing sound.
Yep it makes a low humming noise that you can hear if you are that close to it!
Here we have TWO triangles flying side by side and then a military helicopter follows up...
sometimes the Triangle craft is seen to "vanish" after becoming a very bright light:
Three bright lights, red blue and green on the corners of a triangle four or five bright white lights in the center
It was a triangle shaped ship, but all I could see were lights on the bottom three blue green and red. It was flying northeast. I only saw it for about I wanna say 10 seconds flying north east then it stopped bright lights underneath white ones four or five they be came super bright lit up the sky for just a second went dim, and then the whole ship shot straight up out into space.
https://nuforc.org/sighting/?id=198827
I saw a huge triangular grayish black craft pass over our houses. The bulk of the craft was completely over the neighbor's house and extended partly over our house. It was moving very slow, I would guess about 15-25 mph. It was flying very low probably about 50-75 feet above the tree line. As it passed over, I could hear a low humming sound.
It was in the sky it was triangle shape and not high in the sky but not too low, it was hovering and a beam came out of it
Then a beam of light came out from it idk how to explain but the light was so damn bright like it was crazy
Blue/red lights, black triangle no sound darts with a light trail behind, moves up, down, horizontal etc
Blue/red lights, black triangle no sound darts with a light trail behind, moves up, down, horizontal. Then completely moves so quickly it's gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment